Nothing Like The Sun (2017)
Runtime: 108 minutes
Genre: Period Drama, Biographical
IMDb Page: imdb.com/title/tt5605556/
Facebook Page: facebook.com/nothinglikethesunfilm
In the mid-20th century, a lesbian estranged by her family struggles to get them back by falsely adopting the faith of a Christian household where she takes shelter, but finds herself infatuated with their daughter.
Based on "Misfit Affection: The Strange Case of Alice Mitchell and Fred Ward" printed July 19, 1892 by the Aurora Daily Express.
- Cast & Crew
- Production Notes
- Director's Statement
- Director's Lookbook
- Shooting Script
- Misfit Affection (Aurora Daily Express: July 19, 1892)
- Murder By Gaslight: Girl Slays Girl
- Sapphic Slashers: Sex, Violence, and American Modernity
- Alice Mitchell Trial (New York Times: February 23, 1892)
- Lillie Johnson Trial (New York Times: Feburary 26, 1892)
- Press Release March 15, 2017 We've compiled film maker, production, cast and crew data into a single comprehensive visual and text document that we will be releasing soon as part of our public relations campaign. As the final cut draws nearer we will be releasing the trailer, video clips, official screen shots and press documents. If you haven't already, please visit our Facebook and ...
- Trailer Completed March 6, 2017 We have made the last touches on our trailer and will be releasing it publicly soon on our website, Facebook page, Youtube and Vimeo. Thank you to everyone who has been involved and moved the project forward thus far.
- Movie Vine Interview February 25, 2017 An interview with Meagan Meehan, who is a published author, poet, cartoonist, and playwright at MovieVine.com. She pens columns for Great South Bay Magazine, Examiner and AXS. She's also a stop-motion animator and an award-winning abstract artist. Read the interview here: http://www.movievine.com/interviews/interview-with-the-founders-of-horsehead-cinema/
- Picture Lock February 1, 2017 Nothing Like The Sun has received its picture lock and the color-grading is underway. The film's final runtime clocks in at 108 minutes. We've chosen to go with a low-contrast color scheme to complement the higher-contrasting lighting scheme. We filmed with old Zeiss Superspeed lenses which were made back in the 1970s. Like many lenses of ...
- Latest Cut January 18, 2017 Nothing Like The Sun is on its 10th cut down to 109. Thanks to everyone who has contributed notes and made this possible.