Nothing Like The Sun (2019)
Darkness at Noon
Runtime: 98 minutes
Genre: Period Drama
IMDb Page: imdb.com/title/tt5605556/
In the mid-20th century, a lesbian estranged by her family struggles to get them back by falsely adopting the faith of a Christian household where she takes shelter, but finds herself infatuated with their daughter. Based on "Misfit Affection: The Strange Case of Alice Mitchell and Fred Ward" printed July 19, 1892 by the Aurora Daily Express.
- Press Release Kit
- Cast & Crew
- Production Notes
- Director's Statement
- Director's Lookbook
- Screenplay (featured on SimplyScripts.com)
- Misfit Affection (Aurora Daily Express: July 19, 1892)
- Murder By Gaslight: Girl Slays Girl
- Sapphic Slashers: Sex, Violence, and American Modernity
- Alice Mitchell Trial (New York Times: February 23, 1892)
- Lillie Johnson Trial (New York Times: Feburary 26, 1892)
- Los Angeles Film Awards Winner January 2, 2018 Nothing Like the Sun has won the 2017 awards for Best Narrative Feature and Best Actress. Congratulations to everyone for their hard work. A work-in-progress screening is being schedule for the next coming month or two. More updates are available on our Facebook page.
- Ontario, the OMDC and the American Film Market September 26, 2017 This year at the AFM (American Film Market) held in Santa Monica, California, we'll be meet with Kelly Graham-Scherer of the OMDC (Ontario Media Development Corporation) which is the head business consulting firm of the Ontario Film Commission. They will be holding a Canadian "ex-pat party" featuring many Canadian producers and distributors. Ontario currently has a ...
- Press Release March 15, 2017 We've compiled film maker, production, cast and crew data into a single comprehensive visual and text document that we will be releasing soon as part of our public relations campaign. As the final cut draws nearer we will be releasing the trailer, video clips, official screen shots and press documents. If you haven't already, please visit our Facebook and ...
- Trailer Completed March 6, 2017 We have made the last touches on our trailer and will be releasing it publicly soon on our website, Facebook page, Youtube and Vimeo. Thank you to everyone who has been involved and moved the project forward thus far.
- Movie Vine Interview February 25, 2017 An interview with Meagan Meehan, who is a published author, poet, cartoonist, and playwright at MovieVine.com. She pens columns for Great South Bay Magazine, Examiner and AXS. She's also a stop-motion animator and an award-winning abstract artist. Read the interview here: http://www.movievine.com/interviews/interview-with-the-founders-of-horsehead-cinema/
- Picture Lock February 1, 2017 Nothing Like The Sun has received its picture lock and the color-grading is underway. The film's final runtime clocks in at 108 minutes. We've chosen to go with a low-contrast color scheme to complement the higher-contrasting lighting scheme. We filmed with old Zeiss Superspeed lenses which were made back in the 1970s. Like many lenses of ...
- Latest Cut January 18, 2017 Nothing Like The Sun is on its 10th cut down to 109. Thanks to everyone who has contributed notes and made this possible.